i-Teams 6th round: meet the winners!
The AirLiwell team, who was awared the 1st prize. From left to right: Aleksandar Arsovic, Melis Colakoglu, Ida Calvi, Inês Pinheiro, Rouaa Benchaabene, Alexandra Bondaz . Bottom right: Mohamed Skhiri, Nathan Breuillard
i-Teams brings together the brightest undergraduate and graduate students, as well as postdocs, and the university’s ground-breaking research to develop commercially viable strategies and build valuable university-industry links. The main goal of the project is to translate high-potential medical technologies through the collaboration between a research group and an i-Team. Using the expert knowledge of the inventors, each team uses creative and innovative approaches to find the best way to commercialise the technology beyond the laboratory application.
On January 27, a jury composed of several experts :
- Christophe Guichard, General Partner, Eclosion2 Venture Fund & CFO Netris Pharma.
- Sylvain Lengacher, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Board of Directors & Co-founder of GliaPharm
- Thierry de Sépibus, Managing Partner, SMC Corporate Finance.
auditioned three projects presented by PhD students in Life Science:
- 1st place | AirLiwell: A new technology for the generation and culture of spheroids for medical research and cell therapy
- 2nd place | SurvivAI: AI-based tool to predict cell survival
- 3rd place | Getting that thrombi out of there. From neuro to cardio
Of the three projects presented, AirLiwell won the Jury’s first prize.
Congratulations to all and many thanks to the jury for their dedication to the i-Teams programme
February 3, 2022