i-Teams 5th edition: congratulations to all participants!
©UNIGE. A zoom rendition of the i-Teams 5th award ceremony.
i-Teams, the flagship programme of the Faculty of Medicine's Translational Accelerator, aims to familiarise PhD students in the Faculties of Medicine and Science with entrepreneurship. Over the past few months, the teams have been working on the industrial valorisation of three research projects conducted by UNIGE scientists in basic or applied science.
The jury met virtually with the 14 young scientists competing for the i-Teams award. Two projects won the first prize, while one won the 3rd prize.
- 1st prize (ex-aequo): Smart implants for improvement in efficacy and safety of orthopaedic surgical devices (lab leaders: Dr. Nicolas Holzer & Dr. Florent Moissenet)
- 1st prize (ex-aequo): Towards a therapy for Sanfilippo disease (Lab leaders: Dr. Noemi Veraldi & Prof. Stéphane Sizonenko)
- 3rd prize: A new method with scalable specificity to detect DNA target sequences and accurately identify bacterial species and subtypes (lab leader: Dr. Patrice François)
- Kamel Besseghir, former CEO of Debiopharm
- Christophe Guichard, General Partner at Eclosion Ventures
- Bertrand de Lavenne, Global Managing Partner of ISG Personnel Management and Managing Director of Escapehealthcare,
Victor Ferat, Quentin Lo Giudice, Daniela Baptista, Nawal Kinany, Marie Wurry, Siyu Chen, Garance Michel, Alexandra Bondaz, Olga Rusiecka, Benoît Gilbert, Rebecca Sipione, Michaëla Dohnalkova, Phedra Firdaws Sahraoui and Lydia Vazquez
- Paola Andréa Martinez Murillo,
- Chantal Morel,
- Arnaud Desvachez
Congratulations to all and many thanks to the jury for their dedication to the i-Teams programmeJune 25, 2021
News & Events